Friday, September 5, 2014

House Tour Continued…A room fit for a Super Hero {Isaac’s Room} and a freebie!

When we bought this house Isaac’s room looked like this:

 photo House-0568_zps4714b5b4.jpg

We bought the blue beds off the previous owner, and I just knew we had to make it into a super hero room.

 photo House-0569_zps8d622bb4.jpg

Super Hero’s have blue beds.

 photo superhero_zpscdc443c9.jpg

I’m sure of it.

 photo Isaacsroom-0411_zpsa5ca5407.jpg

We also had the room painted grey.  It was originally green.

 photo Isaacsroom-0409_zps003f6577.jpg

This room is one of my favorites in the house because it has the beautiful finish work on the walls.

 photo Isaacsroom-0401_zps35d13fef.jpg

It is also a very masculine finish work.

 photo Isaacsroom-0413_zpsbc96fd99.jpg

I put this room together on a very small budget.

 photo Isaacsroom-0415_zps5d369c51.jpg

I kept the boys original bedding. (see boys original room here) It goes great with our super hero theme.  I just added super hero emblems on the pillows with some felt and wonder under.

 photo Isaacsroom-0394_zps8b080297.jpg

 photo Isaacsroom-0388_zpsc2d0d078.jpg

 photo Isaacsroom-0389_zps08a115ca.jpg

I made the banners from comic books that I picked up at a book store.

 photo Isaacsroom-0395_zpsa6218380.jpg

I also framed some of the comic pages in frames around the room.

 photo Isaacsroom-0396_zps0e3bf694.jpg

The red frames are from IKEA.

 photo Isaacsroom-0387_zps80bc8fcc.jpg

The super man print was a lucky find from Hobby Lobby.  (of course I used a coupon)

 photo Isaacsroom-0398_zps651c9a44.jpg

The blue dresser is the dresser I have used for my boys for years.  This dresser has been so many different colors.  I painted it blue while we were still in Pennsylvania with the hope that it matched the beds.

 photo Isaacsroom-0413_zpsbc96fd99.jpg

I think I did really well at matching it from afar.

 photo Isaacsroom-0390_zpsf0bbf3cc.jpg

In fact, all the furniture in here is just stuff we had, and repainted. Like this desk; I painted the same color as the walls.

 photo Isaacsroom-0393_zpsc6c867cd.jpg

New knobs really make a difference.

 photo Isaacsroom-0391_zpsec96aef2.jpg

As for all the “stuff” on the desk.  I already had it; and I just made it work in the boys room.

 photo Isaacsroom-0404_zps659a01c2.jpg

Of course this room is always littered with Legos.

 photo Isaacsroom-0403_zps355338d8.jpg

So I wanted to add some Lego paraphernalia to the room.

 photo Isaacsroom-0402_zps44608f57.jpg

I dumped some of Isaac’s Legos in these glass jars that I ordered online for another purpose; and then ended up using them for Legos instead.  They look great on top of his Lego books.

 photo Isaacsroom-0399_zps9be1b651.jpg

I also took some close up prints of his Lego figures.

 photo Isaacsroom-0405_zps7a894a29.jpg

This was such a fun project.

 photo Isaacsroom-0407_zpscd95ac1e.jpg

I turned them black and white and added them to some sleek frames.

 photo Isaacsroom-0406_zpsbedc6f66.jpg

This is one of my favorite parts of the room.

 photo Isaacsroom-0408_zps13ae002b.jpg

And as you know I love to share.

If you would like to download and print these for yourself; click on the images below.

 photo Legoprint2_zps7a57eeee.jpg

 photo Legoprint1_zps0f651407.jpg

 photo Legoprint3_zpsf04136ad.jpg

I printed them through my favorite printing company; mpix.com. 

They were delivered right to my door.

I framed them and Wa-La; exciting art for my boy.

…and because I think it is always fun to see the storage in the room; here is Ike’s nice big closet. I’m nosy like that. I love to see how people organize.

 photo isaacsroom-0439_zps19a83640.jpg

And Yes! Those bins are full of Legos; all organized by color.

We love Legos around here.

Except when we step on them.  Ouch!!

Now it’s time to say goodbye.

My little superhero needs to go to bed.

 photo Isaacsroom-0411_zpsa5ca5407.jpg

Oh, and so do I!!

Night. Night.

P.S.  Don’t forget to check out my sisters Facebook page and order your custom stockings before Christmas slaps you in the face; like it does me every year.  I absolutely love mine. Find her here, and read more about it here and here.

stocking pictures-0095

9 comments:

April said...

That is the raddest boys room! I so love how you made the pennants from comic books. So simple, yet I would never have thought to do that!

Leslie Posey said...

Love it! It looks great

valerie said...

love the room! Very nice. Do you recall what color the grey paint is?

Jo Jo said...

LOVE the boys room! Love the super hero theme! We just moved and I can't decide: hero, sports, legos, all of the above ;-)

julie said...

What wonderful ideas and colour matches you have. You've done a great job, as always, giving each room the child's identity and personal taste. Your children are very lucky to have such an artistic mummy. xx

Beth Curtis said...

So cute! I am drooling over all your awesome wood work in your house.

Carrie said...

The room looks fantastic! Great job!

Becky said...

Man, my boys would LOVE this room. I'm going to steal the framed comic book pages - great idea!

Jen Egbert said...

This room is amazing! You gave me lots of ideas for my lego-love'n boys' room!

Related Posts with Thumbnails